Notice: WastePro Closed Monday, September 4, 2023
Town of Landis Solid Waste Collection Schedule and Information
The town currently outsources solid waste collection to WastePro. To assist in efficient collection please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please roll out garbage bins on Sunday for collection on Monday.
- Due to NC State Law, garbage placed in collection bins must be bagged. Cans containing loose garbage will not be emptied.
- Bins must be placed at the curb with the opening towards the street and lids must be closed. Bins may not be placed within 3 feet of a stationary object.
- Residents with a damaged bin or in need of a bin must call Town Hall for a request form. As of 7/1/2021, additional bins are $10.00 per month.
- When placing garbage bins, leaves, limbs and other items approved for pick up at the curb, please be sure not to block the sidewalks or impede pedestrian traffic.
- Schedule for pickup
Trash Can Request
Please place no more that 8-10 ft. from the curb. Leaves put at the curb between February and September must be bagged or they will not be picked up.
When placing leaves for pick up, please do not block the sidewalk.
Must be butt end to the road. Must be kept separate from the leaves. The Town of Landis does not pick up Tree stumps or cut down trees.
When placing limbs for pick up, please do not block the sidewalk.
Must be bagged or will not be picked up.
When placing bagged grass for pickup, please do not block the sidewalk.
Leaves, Limbs & Grass are picked up on Wednesdays/Thursdays
Garbage Collection Items
Articles that will not be picked up
- Electronics (i.e.: TVs, computers, etc.)
- Construction Materials included but not limited to concrete, lumber, bricks, fencing, etc.*
Curbside Schedule is as follows: Including Bulk Pick up
A list of items approved for curbside trash pick-up can be found in the Town of Landis Solid Waste Collection Schedule and Information listed above.
Monday – Curbside trash West Side of Landis
Tuesday – Curbside trash East Side of Landis
First and foremost, all contractor companies doing work in the Town of Landis have a responsibility to take important steps to keep the public safe while near the worksite. To do so, the construction company may have to take several steps including posting signs, removing debris, and placing barriers around the worksite.
All contractors completing work in town are responsible for removing all debris, construction materials and waste from the worksite. Construction debris does not qualify for curbside pickup.
Garbage & Trash Collection
Garbage collection is handled on a weekly basis via curbside pick up. Collection day is every Monday, and customers need to have carts rolled to the curb on Sunday evenings. Carts are provided to residents for collection.
Please contact Town Hall at 704-857-2411 if you do not have a cart at your residence.
A $15.00 collection fee will be charged each month for residential customers.
Trash is collected weekly. Residents are encouraged to place their trash at the curb by 7:00 am. We do not pick up tires, batteries, or appliances. For more information call 704-857-0131.
Yard waste is described as vegetative matter resulting from landscaping maintenance performed by the homeowner only, including but not limited to leaves, twigs limbs, hedge clippings, hay/pine straw and grass.
All grass clippings must be bagged due to Stormwater requirements, no exceptions.
Landis does not provide recycling at this time.
Items Not For Landfill
The State of North Carolina has recently passed legislation banning many items from landfills throughout the State. These items MUST be recycled or disposed properly by state law.
Materials Banned from the Rowan County Landfill and Effective Dates:
Motor Oil Filters: 10-1-09
ALL Plastic Bottles: 10-1-09
Wooden Pallets: 10-1-09
Computer Equipment: 1-1-12
Current Disposal Rates:
- In County: $32 per ton plus $2 per ton Solid Waste Disposal Tax
- Out of County: $37 per ton plus $2 per ton Solid Waste Disposal Tax
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Environmental Management at 704-216-8589.