Enjoy the Lake in Landis!
The Lake Corriher Wildnerness Area is located at 955 Kimball Road, across from the South Rowan YMCA. Main Entrance Parking is located in the YMCA Soccer Field parking lot.Additional parking, ADA parking, and park office is located at 265 Tranquil Lake Dr. This area offers many recreational opportunities for the surrounding communities, including trail hiking, fishing, camping, picnic areas, disc golf, kayaking, and paddleboats. The Wilderness Area encompasses both Lake Corriher and the old town reservoir.
Lake Corriher Quick Links
Park Hours and Contact Information
8am-8pm – April 1st thru Sept. 30th
8am-5pm – Oct. 1st thru March 31st
265 Tranquil Lake Dr
Cabins, Campsites & Shelters
(Reservations required for all rentals)
Shelter: $10.00 per hour $50.00 for a full day
Campsites $10.00 per night* (per tent)
Cabins $30.00 per night* $15.00 deposit required to reserve your dates. ($50.00 security deposit info or cash is required at check-in and refunded after checkout inspection)
Note: You must be 21 years old to rent cabins.
Campfire wood available / $10.00 per load
- Grills provided; no personal grills allowed.
- One fishing pass provided for each cabin and tent rental.
- Two-night minimum cabin rental on Friday & Saturday
- Five-night maximum rental at all times at all sites.
- We do not do extended rentals. No exceptions!
- There is a 30 day waiting period between reservations.
- Any campsites not vacated on checkout day will have property removed from the site and held in storage for 24 hours.
Lake Corriher Fishing Passes
Adults (age 16 years and up): $5.00 / After 2:00pm $3.00
Children (ages 5 to 15): $3.00 / After 2:00pm $2.00
Children under 4 may fish for free.
Live bait and fishing accessories available for purchase at the park office.
Annual Fishing Pass: $75.00
A valid North Carolina Fishing license is required to fish. The Park Office is an official NC Wildlife Agent. Yearly fishing and hunting licenses can be renewed or purchased. Boat registrations are also available through the office.
Lake Corriher Boat Rentals
(Seasonal from March 1st to October 31st)
- Life jackets are required at all times (provided)
- Kayaks $5.00 per hour per person (2 hour minimum)
- Jon Boat w/ trolling motor $30.00 for 1/2 day $50.00 for full day
- Paddleboats $2.50 per person, per 1/2 hour (3 and under are free)
Bring Your Own Kayaks!
Soft launch available for $5.00 per pleasure or $3.00 with the purchase of a fishing pass.
Lake Corriher Park has over 5 miles of hiking trails from beginner to intermediate and advanced. Be sure to pick up a trail map at the park office.
Picnic tables, benches, and rocking chairs are all available for public use at first come first serve basis. Please reserve shelter for large groups or private parties to guarantee availability.
NC Wildlife Commission
Lake Corriher Wilderness Park Office is a licensed NC Wildlife Agency. Fishing and Hunting license and renewals can be purchased here. Boat registration and titling is also available through our office. For additional info on rates, fees, and regulations, please refer to the NC Wildlife Commission link below.