Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Town of Landis to foster, maintain and promote equal employment opportunity. The Town selects employees based on the applicant’s qualifications for the job and provides compensation and opportunities for training and promotion without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, political affiliation, or marital status.
The North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission Personal History Statement (F-3) is designed to assist the police department in evaluating your qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Please read the job opportunities position description carefully to be sure your background meets the requirements of the position. A resume is not required for a complete application but may be included to supplement the application. Applicants must also submit the Town of Landis Application.
The Town of Landis accepts employment applications at any time throughout the year for Police Officer positions. The application is then forwarded to the police department for review and consideration.
The candidate may not be contacted immediately. The employment process normally takes several weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience during this process.
If you need special assistance in the employment process, please let us know.
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting salary with BLET certification and no experience: $40,776.75
- Salary after 6-months with BLET certification and no experience (5% increase): $42,815.59
- Take-Home Vehicle (30-mile radius from Landis Police Department)
- Employer-paid 401K contribution equal to 5% of employees’ compensation
- Modern equipment, training opportunities, and progressive policies & procedures: outer carrier ballistic vests, patrol rifles, body cameras, Taser 7s, employer-paid work phone, MDTs, etc.
- Permanent Shifts (Patrol – 12 hours)
Night Shift Differential
$1.00 Per Hour Incentive between 6 P.M. and 6 A.M.
Law Enforcement Certification Level
Intermediate Law Enforcement Certification: $1,000 salary increase
Advanced Law Enforcement Certification: $2,000 salary increase
Associate Degree: 2.5% salary increase
Bachelor Degree: 5% salary increase
Special Duty/Assignment Pay
Certified Training Officer (PTO/FTO): $1,500 salary increase
Chemical Analyst: $750 salary increase
Public Safety Officer Designation (FF & BLET Certified)
Public Safety Officer: 10% salary increase